Sinhala Association of Queensland are a non-profit organisation based in Brisbane. We assist in preserving and promoting the Sinhala language and the Sri Lankan culture by hosting events, such as dancing, singing and drama performances. Additionally, we fascilitate services to help needy Sri Lankans to improve soccial and educational wellbeing in a culturally sensitive manner.
• To preserve and promote the Sinhala language and culture
• To facilitate Sri Lankan culture to be celebrated with wider Australian community to promote multiculturism in Australia
• To promote and preserve Sri Lankan culture including Sri Lankan music, dancing, art and drama with emphasis on the Sinhala language
• To help needy Sri Lankans to improve their standard of health by implementing projects and/or programs
• To carry out social welfare related activities to improve the living standards of needy Sri Lankans
• To advance the Sinhala education by operating a school in Queensland to teach Sinhala language and literature